Naturopathy is a way of living life as naturally as possible. It’s main focus for healing is through the use of forces of nature like natural food, sunlight, air, water, earth, exercise, and rest. It believes that all complications in the body are self created, due to violation of the rules of nature. Nature cure does not support the use of drugs as it has many side effects. Drugs only suppress the symptoms but do not cure the disease from its roots. Naturopathy is based on the principle that all abnormal or diseased conditions are a result of accumulation of toxins in the body. These toxins get accumulated due to faulty eating habits, sedentary lifestyle and indiscipline. Naturopathy is a constructive method of treatment based on the belief that all diseases can be cured by removing the toxins from the body and whatever is required for that is freely available in Nature.
When one becomes unwell they look for instant relief unaware of the fact that the body became diseased over a period of time so the cure also cannot be a quick fix. The cure has to be sustainable without any side effects. Naturopathy is a curative method that ensures all vital organs of the body are not damaged and after the Nature Cure the body organs are revitalized and function efficiently to their capacity and stay that way for as long as possible.
Symptoms like Headache, itches, Stomach pain, constipation, indigestion, acidity, cold, cough, fever etc are warning that morbid matter is collecting in the body and ignoring the same can lead to various diseases. The natural methods used to deal with these symptoms are Fasting Therapy, Mud Therapy, Hydrotherapy, Cleansing Juices Therapy, Enema, Fasting, Yoga, Magnet Therapy, Massage, Acupuncture, Color Therapy, Diet Therapy.
Naturopathy bifurcates diseases into Acute and Chronic Stage. In the Acute stage the disease onsets suddenly and if cared for naturally, it gets cured for good. Chronic disease is when the acute disease changes to chronic which mean it stays in the body for a very long time and then one most of the time one has to live with it.
Our day to day body pains are also a sign of our body being poisoned by the accumulation of unwanted waste material in our body. This morbid matter interferes with the natural working of the body and hampers its efficiency making one feel sluggish, tired, weak and diseased. Below are listed some naturopathy treatments for certain pains that occur frequently and therefore require regular natural treatment.
Headache: Headache is a common symptom for many diseases. Headaches can be divided into 5 main categories
- a) Primary b) Migraine c) Cluster d) Tension-Type e) Secondary
Few Home Remedies to Deal with headache are
- Avoid Headache Triggers whenever possible like exposure to intense heat or cold, lack of sleep, stress, food items like coffee, tea, cheese, chocolates, any type of acidic food etc. During the headache period eat fresh fruits and vegetable juices diluted with water on 50:50 basis, it may be taken throughout the day. The whole idea is to reduce the burden on digestion and nervous system
- Lemon Juice is extremely beneficial. The juice of 3-4 slices should be consumed immediately. Even the crust of Lemon Juice can be used by forming a fine paste of the crust and applying on the forehead to reduce pain
- Do Hot foot bath with peppermint or lavender oil and apply hot fomentation to neck which relives the stiffness of the neck muscles and removes the congestion of the arteries in the brain
- A ripe Apple should be skinned and consumed every morning with little salt to avoid headache
- Inhale Steam with few drops of eucalyptus oil or even ginger in water for removing nose congestion and reducing inflammation of the head blood vessels
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) paste or dry Ginger powder Paste with water when applied to the temples and forehead also provide relieve from pains
- Boil Basil Leaves in a pan with water for a few minutes. Add honey and consume the water sip by sip to reduce pain
- The Flower of Henna (Mehndi) is valuable in relieving headaches. A paste of the flower can be made by rubbing it with vinegar and applied on the forehead to ease the headache
- Massage peppermint oil or Rosemary Oil on the temples and forehead for immediate relief
- Eat handful of Almonds just when one feels the headache is setting in. Almonds contain salicin which is a natural painkiller
Stomach Ache: Normal Stomach aches could be due to indigestion, constipation, acidity, diarrhea, flatulence or any form of stomach infection. The primary reason for the same is faulty food, overeating, lack of exercise, smoking, excessive alcohol and meat consumption, etc.
Few Home Remedies to deal with Stomach Aches are:
- For Constipation consume all fruits as much as possible except Banana and Jack fruit. Certain fruits have high laxative quality like pears, Grapes, soaked raisin, Apricots, all berries, Fresh Figs and papaya and should be consumed regularly to avoid constipation which causes stomach aches. Prune Juice is an excellent treatment for stomach pains due to constipation.
- Carrot Juice along with Spinach juice is very beneficial in the treatment of gastritis which also causes Stomach Pains. Ginger Juice or Ginger powder with honey eases acidity and provides relief from stomach pains
- Rice water that is left over after cooking rice is a miraculous coolant for the stomach to ease any kind of discomfort
- Intake of beans, mushrooms, radish, onions, celery, cabbage, peas, sprouts, Pulses, Grains, Barn etc should be limited as they take time to digest
- Fresh Ginger Juice and Lemon Juice is excellent remedy for removing toxins and relieving stomach pain
- Apple Cider Vinegar can be diluted with water and then add honey to it and keep sipping the mixture to release any kind of stomach discomfort
- Ice Cold Milk at bed time can resolve a lot of stomach related issues
- Having fresh peppermint tea can ease stomach aches and cramps. Put hot boiling water in a cup with a handful of fresh peppermint leaves. Leave it soaked for 5-10 minutes. Strain the water and consume the warm mixture, add honey if needed.
- Have a teaspoon of Ajwain with water it removes any kind of discomfort in the stomach. One can also boil ajwain in water and have that mixture and is effective for treating stomach pain
- Chewing Fennel seeds also cools the stomach and helps is reducing pain caused due to indigestion
Joints Pain: Joint Pains is mostly the result of Arthritis. Arthritis has the most crippling effect on a human body. It is inflammation of one or more joints with welling, pain and stiffness. There are several types of arthritis enumerated below
- Osteoarthritis b) Rheumatoid c) Gout d) Systemic Lupus Erythematosus e) Ankylosing Spondylitis
Few Home Remedies to deal with Joint Pains are:
- Diet should be planned totally on lines of alkaline food and acidic food only aggravate the inflammations and swellings. Food rich in Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Silicon are beneficial. These food are green vegetables, cabbage, carrots, fruits, all berries, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, walnuts to name a few
- Sunbath Every morning
- Raw Potato Juice therapy is very effective. Either slices of potato can be soaked overnight in water without peeling the skin and be consumed first thing in the morning or fresh juice can be extracted and consumed after diluting with water on 50:50 basis
- Eating 2 cloves of raw garlic empty stomach or even having garlic milk is beneficial
- Drinking water kept overnight in a copper vessel is an effective remedy to reduce joint pains
- Application of paste made of Turmeric, Garlic, Camphor in mustard oil over the joint reduces pain
- Black Til or gingely seeds soaked overnight should be consumed along with the water in which it is soaked first thing in the morning to prevent frequent joint pains
- Consumption of Turmeric and Ginger Tea, that is ginger and turmeric boiled in water, is highly beneficial for treating joints pain
- Massage with extra virgin olive oil or mustard oil or til oil gently twice daily to reduce inflammation and the pains
- Pineapple is considered an effective remedy for keeping bones and joints strong. It contains a sufficient amount of Manganese which is excellent for bones metabolism.
Body Pain : Body pain is mostly accompanied with fever, Cold, Soreness due to exercise, Dehydration, lack of sleep and lack of adequate rest.
Few Home Remedies to deal with Body Pain are:
- Regular body massage with Clove oil, Mustard Oil can reduce pain. Clove is a terrific anti-inflammatory
- Sunbath in the morning
- Tomatoes are very rich in Vitamin C and must be consumed raw in order to reduce body aches
- Mud pack can soothe the body pain. Taking Steam and Sauna regularly also eases the body fatigue and rejuvenates the body
- Dandelion leaves are rich in Vitamin A and C that help to repair tissues and remove toxins from the blood which could cause body aches. These leaves can be consumed as salad or prepared as tea. The dandelion leaves contain Linoleic acid that is anti-inflammatory
- Full body hot pack can relax the muscles or soaking in Epsom Salt can also reduce muscle fatigue which leads to body aches
- Turmeric is a natural painkiller. It can either be consumed raw or boil it with water or milk to reduce body pain
- Consume Magnesium rich food to avoid muscle cramps and tiredness which can lead to body aches. Some of the food sources for magnesium are molasses, squash and pumpkin seeds spinach, cocoa powder, black beans, flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds and cashews
- Apple Cider Vinegar is a very effective remedy for reducing body pain. Mix a teaspoon or two with water and consume or one can also rub it on the sore or painful body part to release pain
- Regular exercising is a must for at least 45 minutes a day to enhance blood circulation and avoid chances of body aches
Naturopathy treatment though takes a longer time to heal but it is in line with the laws of nature following which a person can be as healthy as he was born. There are many remedies other than those mentioned above. Some may work for few and some for other few. The above mentioned are general treatments. In order to get into specific a person has to be examined more in depth to mention the exact line of treatment.